Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Howl

I recently acquired some new music production equipment. And as a way to learn how to use it, I'm putting together a collection of instrumentals.  If any of you remember my previous EP, "Mr. Floyd," you are familiar with my style and tone. If you are not familiar, my style can be summed up as Dark melodies with heavy drums.  The style hasn't changed much since Mr. Floyd but musically, this will be an upgrade and much better quality. I don't have a name yet or a theme but this project will feature more original sounds rather than samples from old songs.

Also, please take note: I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL MUSICIAN OR PRODUCER...I AM DOING THIS FOR FUN. I'm not selling beats and hustling trying to get a deal...I'm too old for that sh*t. plus I am humble enough to understand that for me, there isn't much money to be made in peddling grungy, lo quality instrumentals to the masses. Sh*t...I can't even get more than 10 people to read my damn free website.

But back to the point...This is a hobby of mine that I have been interested in for many years. Now i have the opportunity to practice it. One of many hobbies that will eventually be neglected and take a backseat to one of my other ones. But until then...Here is the first track, "The Howl"  it will most likely be used as an intro or interlude on the album.

No comments: