The rap hater is officially dead. Introducing the Rap Snob. THe Rap Hater Experiment taught me that I don't really hate rap, I just hate bullsh*t music. What do I consider bullsh*t music? Well I haven't figured that out yet, so I listen to everything....at least once.
The only way to truly tell is to let my ears do all the work...Through my travels, as I stumble upon some hidden gems, classics, underground hits, sleepers, etc. I will post them. so now for the first installment of the Rap Snob series. The following are a few of the stand out tracks from my New Favorite Album, Pilot Talk by Curren$y. Beautiful Beats and southern Lyriscism at it's finest. I like to describe Curren$y as Conscious Weed Rap that has a sound and feel similar smoking hash in space with Lil Wayne and Langston Hughes while Herbie Hancock and Pete ROck jam in the background...Yeah, something like that.
King Kong
Address (Feat. Stalley)
Prioritize (Feat. Nesby Phelps)
Monday, August 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment