
As my readership has recently increased, several people have asked me what "Droog" means. For those that don't know...SHame on you. But while you are wallowing in your shame you might as well get educated as well. A Clockwork Orange is my favorite movie of all time. It is a dark and humorous social commentary that examines human behavior by exploring the relationship between inherent violence vs self restraint, choice vs. instinct. It was Written and Directed by Stanley Kubrick and is based on a book by the same title. Alex, the main Character, Speaks in a broken English part Scottish part Irish part Russian part Imaginary Dialect and calls his friends his "Droogs."
And since the dawn of the internet age, I was never good at picking cool screen names and aliases, so I took "Droog" and Slapped "Black" in front of it because, ummm...I'm Black. Unfortunately, there's no other meaning behind the name than that. And As unimaginative as that might seem, it is still very effective so that's what it is. And with that said, let us now enjoy a great scene from a great movie.

No comments:
Post a Comment