The first time I saw this back in the day I was dumbfounded, shocked and disgusted. I said to myself: "What the f*ck!!! Why Is the Mamma from Good Times on TV Wearing a set of Curtains peddling a Psychic Hotline? Damn, Damn Daaaaamn Florida...Say it ain't so!!!" But it was real and perhaps the most dusturbing thing about this bullsh!t was that it looked like somebody actually put some real thought into this thing. Because this was back in the Miss Cleo Era and the old black Psychic Lady's were what was hot in the streets at the moment.
I understand that sometimes Washed up Celebrities go broke and need some money, but as much of an Icon that Florida Evans was, this should have been a breach of some kind of contract. THe COntract that says you cannot go on TV Using your name to intentionally make a fool of yourself. And Made a fool of herself is exactly what she did. I'm sure that somebody was shooting a slave movie or something that required an old black grandma anything but this. But apparently not. Thanks for the Train Wreck, Esther. Rest In Peace.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment