Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Rock Hater is Born...



At long last...I bring to you, the Rock Hater. My Newest Blog Series. Much like the Beloved Rap Hater Series...The Rock Hater will highlight all that reasons why most rock music Sucks, especially the new sh!t. As with the Rap Hater, I will do this by focusing my attention on those obscure and sometimes rare bands that have surfaced in the last 15-20 years and showcasing why those few are superior to everything else. Unlike the Rap Hater, I am not particularly targeting a specific era. I am leaving this one more open, because the era when Rock Music was at it's peak was the Late 60's to the mid 70's and I wasn't alive to witness it.



Based on the previous posts, people might say "This guy doesn't know sh!t about Rock Music...He only listens to 90's Rap music...WTF does he know?" Initially that could be a valid point, but you are wrong. And for the record, My Rock Music Fandom revolves the following truths:

1...Pink Floyd Is the Greatest Rock Band in the History of Music.
2...U2 Sucks.
3...Post "The Bends" Radiohead is Musically Perfect in Every Way.
4...Pre-Starship Grace Slick > Janis Joplin.
5...Pink Floyd's Greatness is attributed more to David Gilmour's vocals than to Roger Waters' Songwriting.
6...Jim Morrison (The Doors) was f*ckin Awesome.
7...Jimi Hendrix = Best Ever!
9...Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin) Playing the guitar with a violin Bow is the coolest sh!t I have ever seen done with a guitar.
10...Rolling Stones - "Paint It Black" is My Favorite Rock Song.



11...Black Blues Artists inspired all that is Rock & Roll and don't get enough credit.
12...Interpol is the best "American" Rock Band in the last 10 years.
13...80's Hair/Glam Rock is nauseating.
14...Sitars, Keyboards and Bongo's make good bands great.
15...Murray Lightburn (The Dears) is a musical Genius.
16...TV On The Radio = Best Rock Band since Interpol.
17...TV On The Radio = Best Live Rock Show I've ever been to.
18...I have no idea what EMO is, but I'm pretty sure it sucks balls.
19...Being from New York, Wearing Tight pants, and looking like a heroine addict, doesn't mean that your band doesn't suck (Unless your band's Name is Interpol).
20..."It's been a long night and I hate the F*ckin Eagles" - The Dude



Stay Tuned...

No comments: