Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Rap Hater Experiment - Day Fourteen

When I started the Rap Hater Experiment, I always said that there was one album that would cause me to end my rap boycott...I mean, experiment. And, in case this is your first time reading, that album is Chef Raekwon's Only Built For Cuban Links Pt. 2 Guest Starring Ghostface Killah AKA Tony Starks. DAmn, That's a long title...But regardless, the album is here and so far has not disappointed. It is a great follow up to the original classic. Great beats, Hard Rhymes. And that Vintage Wu-Tang Sound. My Only complaint is that there is No Nas...and even more importantly, no "Verbal Intercourse Part 2". But that might be asking for too much. At least the album isn't wack.

But don't fear, the Experiment is still on, but I had to make a special exception for the arrival of the most anticipated rap album in the last 15 years.

Rap Hater Pick of the Day:



In honor of the Rap Hater Experiment, Today's picture comes from the liner notes of the original Cuban Linx album. Rae and Ghost chillin with the Mean Mug and the "W" in the back. Doesn't get much more 90's Hip Hop than that.

Rap Hater Video of the Day (From OB4CL2):



Rap Hater 5 (All from OB4CL2):

1. Broken Safety (Feat. Jadakiss, Styles P.)
2. House of Flying Daggers (Feat. Deck, Method Man, Ghostface)
3. Surgical Gloves
4. Penitentiary (Feat. Ghostface)
5. Sonny's Missing

No comments: