Thursday, September 10, 2009

Not A Good Look...


So, I got all pumped up for the Start of the NFL Season and decided to check out the pre-game festivities...Bad Idea! I was immediately disgusted by the display of buffoonery on stage. That's right, America's favorite clowns, The Black Eyed Peas were jumping around on stage, singing off key, being corny and looking ridiculous as usual. Black Eyed Peas are not representative of football...they are Pawns in the NFL that Goodell wants to portray. Fun, Clean and Family-oriented. Football - real football - is not any of those things. Maybe fun, but Football is violent, brutal, and aggressive, and those are the things that most football fans either blatantly or unconsciously, love about football. So with that said, The Kickoff of the NFL season is not appropriate for the Black Eyed GOT DAMN Peas. Oh...Tim McGraw also performed...He doesn't fit either. Too Soft.


The NFL opener needs music that represents what football really represents. Blood, Broken Bones, Profanity, Hitting, Fighting, Competition, and WAR!!! I might have gotten a little carried away with the "war" reference, but regardless, the punk-ass Black Eyed Peas, don't fit. The NFL Kickoff needs some hard music...Heavy Metal, Gangsta Rap...something like an M.O.P/Metallica Mash Up would be very appropriate. And not the new Watered Down, Video Game Metallica...the 1980's Metallica. The Master of Puppets Metallica and the "How About Some Hardcore" M.O.P. That would be the sh!t.



But nevertheless, I'm glad the NFL Season is here. Go Cowboys.

No comments: