Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Return of the Purple Tape

The first time I saw this, I almost sh*t on myself (figuratively, of course). In my 9 year anti-hip-hop, hip hop fan campaign...this is the greatest thing to happen to Hip Hop Music since the original. and the first thing to help pull me out of this insufferable Rap Depression.

And for the record. At this point, I am simply talking about the release of the CD cover with the promise of the September album release date. I haven't heard much of the album yet, but so far, so good. There is, of course always the possibility of disappointment, as MOST of the other greats from that era (Jay-Z, Nas, Mobb Deep) have never been able to match their past greatness...but I am hoping that Ghost & Rae don't follow the lead of their brothers in rhyme.

However In the Meantime, the album cover alone makes a statement. That Real Hip Hop sh*t is back (Maybe...probably...hopefully)!

No comments: