Thursday, March 15, 2012

When The Gun Cries

This is another track from the Verbal Bullets Album. This was my attempt to be a conscious rapper by tackling the issues of street violence. It is a dark, sad story told from the perspective of a used handgun as it reflects on the evil spread by his actions. It depicts a very vivid personification of a pistol that seems to have more of a conscience than the murderers who use it.  I actually like this one. It was fun to personify an object. and i found pleasure in being an anti-gangster voice in a rap world that was beginning to be dominated by herbs who lie about being gangsters.  And for those who say "STFU, J-Rock...you stole that sh*t from Nas."  you are right...hence the shout out at the end.  I "Borrowed" the concept and added my own spin to it.

Beat Style:
This song was written with a dark and melodic beat in mind...something that was very piano heavy. slow and haunting. Perhaps a sample of "Moonlight Sonata" would be appropriate.  For the drums, i visioned sounds of bullets or dropping shells very subtly layered with the drums to make it sound like you are hearing the voice of a pistol.

Title: When The Gun Cries
Album: Lyrical Bullets
Date: 05/13/1999

Clouds of Smoke
Erupting from my nostrils
Carried by street apostles
and them wild ass killas on the block
My birth name given was "Glock"

Sweaty palms grip me
around my neck
was held by Vietnam Vets
Thanks to me brothas get laid out
when another man get's vexed
Babies and Grandma's die
From Gats, Mack's and Techs

When They Squeeze,  I Spit
Yo I can't take this Shit
Every day seeing blood
And now I'm ready to Quit.

I'm responsible for numerous deaths and scars
I've made scholars paralyzed now they call them "retards"
Been a killer ever since the day of my birth
Ended many lives and took black faces off of this earth

When i'm hungry
they feed me Black Talons, Rhinos and Hallow Tips
Then i get sick and throw it up
Spit on brothas in they whips.

Assassinations. They try to ban me all across the Nation
But quick to snatch me up in life threatening situations
Claiming self Defense
Mutha F*ckas even try to repent
Use me for Death then ask God
"Father please forgive my Sins"

Fuckin hypocrites
Do evil then call for the Lord
Sometimes I want to retire
Put an end to these wars
My Murder career
Bringing fear and causing life long tears

Don't get me wrong
No disrespect to Pac & Nas
Just telling you what it sounds like
When the Gun Cries.

Music Video Vision:
This video will be simple.  it will start out with video of an old gunsmith making a gun, followed by a montage of different guns shooting, archival war footage, etc. The end will feature footage of a funeral in an old and creepy cemetery.  The final shot of the video will be of a gun being unloaded, cleaned and put into a gun case, the gun case is locked.



No comments: