
Darrelle Revis, of the New York Jets and one of the most dominating Defensive Players in the NFL is holding out on his contract because he feels he is worth more than his current contract. To make a long story short, Revis wants to be the highest paid cornerback in the NFL which means that the Jets would have to pay him 15 Million a year. The jets basically told him to kiss thier collective ass and now the team's owner doesn't believe he will play this season.
For All the other details, you can click on the link below, but now it's time for another BD Rant..........
Source: Espn.com
Who the f*ck told this guy that one good season was enough for you to start demanding money? you had one good season in your short career. Put in work, then pull this stonewall sh*t. This entitlement based off of one year is crazy. Imagine if regular dudes took this approach?
Employee: - "Hey Boss, I know you just hired me but I did a good Job today doing what I was supposed to do, RIght?."
Manager: "Yes you have. You have a promising future here."
Employee: "Future? Naw, B. I'm more interested in right now. The dude accross the hall makes 10 G's more than I do and He's not even as good. I want 10 G's plus $1 or i'm bouncing."
Manager: Ok, Thanks for voicing your concerns. Your replacement will be here on Monday. Please clean out your desk."
The average person would be replaced within minutes of pulling this sh*t. But this dude is refusing to work unless he becomes the highest paid player of his position in the entire League. GTFOH.

In Revis' defense, his salary is only $1 Million which is relatively low especially compared to other NFL salaries. But like I said, Dude only has had one great year. Here are some highlights...
Now that was a hell of a year, but the key word is ONE YEAR. And if you want to nitpick, the truth is that the Jets didn't even make it to the Super Bowl. In fact the Defense that Mr. Revis plays on allowed Peyton Manning to score 3 TD's against them in the AFC Championship game, so you ain't perfect, Bruh. you need to chill. Don't be mad now that you signed that bum ass contract as a rookie. I don't understand the whole suprise factor involved here. Did he not know how much money he was going to make until last week? This guy is unbelievable. Hell of a player, though (potential). As a friend of mine says, "Revis is Everywhere". But not this year. If you want to see him this year look somewhere in the bleachers...he will be sitting right next to Shame and Arrogance.

1 comment:
He deserves a raise, but not some ridiculous raise, I would give him $10-12 million a year with incentives that could raise it.
Football is a violent sport and you gotta get that $ while you can b/c the will cut you in a heartbeat
Trey
Post a Comment