Friday, October 2, 2009

The Rap Hater Experiment - Day 39

Still bangin them 90's hits. Still lovin' it. And my recent departure from the experiment in order to participate in the Cuban Linx 2 event was very worthwhile. In fact, I recently checked the Billboard charts and Cuban Linx 2 peaked at #4 in the top 200. (Source: Billboard.com) This actually had me thinking that maybe the days of Real Hip Hop are coming back. For Raekwon to debut at #4 with little promotion, an independent label and the fact that his music is the complete opposite of the current rap trash, makes me think that he will, in fact, change the rap game...again. I will keep an ear out for the change, but unfortunately, I'm not confident enough to hold my breath.

Today's Rap Hater Pic:



"I sip the Dom P, watchin Gandhi til I'm charged...Then writin in my book of rhymes, all the words pass the margin" - Nasty Nas, The WOrld is Yours!

Today's Rap Hater 5:

1. Ras Kass - Spul On Ice (Soul on Ice 1995)
2. Wu-Tang - Reunited (Wu-Tang Forever 1997)
3. M.O.P. - Fly Nigga (First Family 4 Life 1998)
4. Mobb Deep - Peer Pressure (Juvenille Hell 1993)
5. Outkast - Claimin True (Southernplayalisticadillacmusic 1994)

No comments: