Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Rap Hater Experiment - Day Eleven

I have officially made it past the 10th day, and I am still enjoying this experiment. I am actually close to making it a lifestyle. My musical experience has affected my life in a way that I have not felt in Years...(about 10). The reason being that I know that when I go to listen to music, I know that I am not going to hear any Swagga Rap Bullsh*t. And While I'm on the topic, "Swagga" is a wack hip hop buzz word. Because if Everyone has it, as thier music suggests, it loses it's meaning. Hey Soulja Boy, Swagga Deez!

The Rap Hater Pic of the Day:



Fab 5 Freddy!!! The original host of the All Time Greatest Hip Hop TV Series, Yo MTV Raps Freddy was the epitome of 90's Hip Hop. Always cool, always relevant, and always Hip Hop. TV Doesn't get that good anymore. Of Course when Ed Lover and Dr. Dre took over, it was pretty damn good, then BET came close with Rap City w/ Joe Claire, but that was as close to the greatness of Yo MTV Raps that we have ever seen.

Today's Rap Hater 5:

1. Outkast - Deep (Southernplayalisticcadillacmusik 1994)
2. Eric B & Rakim - What's Goin On (Don't Sweat the Technique 1992)
3. Lost Boys - Summertime (Love, Peace and Nappiness 1997)
4. La The Darkman - Lucci (Heist of the Century 1998)
5. Public Enemy - Power to the People (Fear of a Black Planet 1990)

No comments: