Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Pt. 2
If you would have asked me "Who is the greatest rapper alive" between the years of 1994-1999, I would have said Prodigy without hesitation. If I did Hesitate, I might have said 2Pac or Nas, but that is not the point. Havoc would also be the best producer that ever lived. And Shook Ones Pt. 2 is the song that both established and solidified that in my mind.
Mobb Deep's dark sound and vivid stories are still unmatched by any of thier contemporaries. Sadly, they have grown the desire to go pop and released a couple mediocre albums, but Mobb Deep at thier worst is STILL better than Auto-Tune, Stanky Leg Swagga bullsh*t rap that is on the radio today.
Side Note: The "Hennesy" Jerseys that Hav & P are wearing in this video are awesome.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Rap Hater #015
Labels:
90's Hip Hop,
Auto Tune,
Havoc,
Hennesy,
Mobb Deep,
Music,
Prodigy,
Rap Hater,
Shook Ones
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment