Not too long ago, a friend of mine (more of an acquaintance) gave me a charity bracelet. I don't wear charity bracelets. Not for any real reason, other than the fact that I just didn't do it. So I thought I would turn over a new leaf and try my hands at public philanthropic support. I thought it would be a good way for me to better myself by making sure that everyone that sees me knows that I am supportive of a cause. Because everyone knows, that the best way to support a cause is to let everybody around you know that you are supporting a cause.I didn't really pay much attention to the explanation of what charity I was aligning myself with, but all I remembered was something about poor people. So you can imagine the sheer terror that filled my body when I did some research.
I was shocked to find that the charity that my trendy new charity bracelet was the porduct of none other than the Bone Man Himself...Mr. U2. That's right...BONER. The charity bracelet is from one.org and Boner is on the board of directors. I am so ashamed of myself. I have betrayed my values and am now in desperate search of another charity bracelet. Maybe I'll find a black one. Black matches everything!! That would be an awesome way to support a cause. Seriously...what better way to support a cause than to have it match my wardrobe? The hunt begins.Note: I fully support the cause of one.org and appreciate all that they are doing. However, due to my recent anti-U2 rants, I cannot in good conscience participate in any Bono-dom or Bono related activities.

1 comment:
Your conversion has only just begun. Bono is ubiquitous. You will be better off simply accepting that.
Post a Comment